Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette


This last winter, I invested in something with more quality... the Lorac Pro Palette! Easy to say, I fell in love the instant it arrived in the mail. With 16 different shades, I thought it seemed like more of a deal at $42 compared to any of the Naked palettes at around $50 that contain less shade variations. The palette contains 8 matte colors (top row) and 8 shimmer colors (bottom row). I enjoy both shimmer and matte shades, so I decided this was the palette for me. Let us get into a break down of the shades...
Lets begin with the top row, or matte shades.

White: This is your basic highlighter. Pure white. Tends to not have terribly much color pay off.
Cream: A highlighter color with a pink tint. When using more rose-colored looks, I use this as my highlighter. Again, not as vibrant color pay off.
Taupe: A great base or crease color! Taupe is one of my favorite matte shades. Reminds me of the same color as a latte. Color pay off comes off the same as it looks in the palette.
Lt. Pink: Great color pay off for such a light color. I enjoy using this one to lighten up some of my looks.
Mauve: Oh, mauve. This color is my absolute favorite color in the palette. When on, it gives odd a more brown tint on the skin. Absolutely love this one. Goes great with light pink and cream.
Sable: Sable is a bit more of a dark color. A good crease color.
Espresso: Comes off as an extreme dark brown. I can substitute as a soft eyeliner.
Black: Just as it says: black. Can work as a less-harsh or soft eyeliner.

Onto shimmers...

Nude: Very light highlight. It is a very light skin-tone color. The lighter of the shimmer highlights.
Champagne: A bit darker than nude, Champagne is just a touch more pink than nude.
Gold: My favorite of the shimmers. I adore this one as much as I adore Mauve. The color payoff is gorgeous. Will make you feel like a golden goddess.
Lt. Bronze: This beautiful color goes great with gold, it's darker partner in crime.
Pewter: Comes off as a brown color. Very dark. Great for night time looks.
Garnet: In the palette, it looks to be a more orange color, but when on, it looks much more like a bright right.
Deep Purple: The color pay off is that off an eggplants color... and eggplant that shimmers.
Slate: A metallic dark grey. Great for night time looks.

I use this palette A LOT. It's great for every day looks and for special occasion looks. It's worth the $42 that it costs. The colors all look even more stunning on when used with a primer. My descriptions were based off what the colors look like without primer.

If interested in the Lorac Pro Palette: Click Here
(P.S. The palette comes with a sample sized tube of Lorac's primer!)

Thanks for reading!
Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment